Friday, August 21, 2009

Spotlight on spotlighting

Here is one more card I made for VSN. The challenge was to use a flower and a circle on your card. I love the spotlighting technique, so I decided to do that. I actually cheated a bit; I already had this card made except for the stamped panel and the ribbon. I had made another card where the focal image was so horrible that I couldn't bring myself to show it or send it to anyone. So I pulled that panel off, added the ribbon and stamped the flowers. I debated about where to put the spotlight. For balance, I would have liked it on the left, but I decided that the color needed to be on the right. I think it would have looked good the other way too.
Supplies (all SU): Stamps: Flores Suaves, Sanded; Paper: Confetti White, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry textured, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP; Ink: Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray; Accessories: aquapainter, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 circle punches, Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain ribbon
Happy stamping!

No comments: